For the purposes of this document we and us refer to ECTARC.
This policy sets forward how we will control or process any personal data that we collect in line with GDPR.
We collect the following information;
From: Students / work placement participants
CVs, Europasses and ERASMUS+ letters of motivation, medical, dietary, criminal record (if required for work placement) and next of kin information.
From: Partners, work placement providers, suppliers and contractors;
Company name, name and job title, contact information including email address, business phone numbers including mobile numbers if required, invoice address information, bank details
From: Host families
Names, addresses, phone numbers, email, bank details, gas safety certificates, criminal record details (if hosting under 18s)
From: Employees, trustees
Names, addresses, phone numbers, email, bank account details, payroll, employment specific information (employees only)
From: all groups above
Other information relevant to providing our services
What we do with the information we collect;
- We require this information to provide you with the best service possible, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To best match students and participants to host families and work placements
- We may use the information to improve our
- We may periodically send emails about changes or updates to the services we offer or information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or evaluation purposes . We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Data Processing
- In line with Article 6 of the GDPR our legal basis for processing your data is Contract. The processing of your personal data is required in order for us to fulfil our contract with you as your language course, work placement, accommodation, provider or to enable you to provide services to us (host families)
- All personal data is stored on password protected computer server with limited access or on paper in locked office storage.
- All personal data is retained for accounting purposes for a maximum of 7 years from the end of the financial year in which the data was collected. All data which has been collected and is not required for accounting reasons (Legal obligation) will be deleted following the completion of your contract with us .
- You have the right to end your contract to and remove your data with us at any time. However, any financial obligation on your part would need to be settled upon closure.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO should you feel that we have processed your data incorrectly.
- You have the right to request the information we hold on you (see 6.3)
- Some of your personal data will be processed through automated and / or third party processes such as payroll , ERASMUS+ mobility tools or Europass site.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- Controlling your personal information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the UK Data Protection Regulations (Currently GDPR). An admin fee will be payable (based on £10 per hour – minimum 1 hour charge). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to ECTARC, Parade Street, Llangollen, Denbighshire, LL20 8RB.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.